The best (and easiest) chocolate cupcake recipe
Everyone who knows me knows that I have a sweet tooth. I can’t help it. I am a total chocoholic. However, I am definitely a chocolate snob. What’s the point in doing the sin unless it’s really worth it? These cupcakes are definitely worth it! I have been using this recipe for years. I think I found the original one on the back of a packet of something many years ago and have tweaked it to perfection. They are moist, rich and very more-ish. Thank me later.
Double Choc Cupcakes Recipe
Yield: 12 cupcakes
100g of butter
1 tsp of vanilla essence
⅔ cup of caster sugar
2 large eggs (beaten)
1 cup of self raising flour
⅓ cup of cocoa powder
½ cup of milk chocolate chips
½ cup of white chocolate chips
½ tsp of bicarbonate soda
½ cup of milk
Pinch of salt
100g of butter
2 ½ cups of icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp of milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Mix butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence. Add eggs and stir until combined.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder and bicarb. Add to mixture with salt and milk. Stir until combined.
4. Mix chocolate chips into mixture.
5. Pour into greased muffin pans and bake for 15-20 minutes, checking that cupcakes are cooked with a skewer.
6. When cupcakes have cooled, combine icing ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
7. Use a piping bag to swirl icing onto cupcakes.
Like this post? Never miss another! Click here to subscribe.